Cookies are small data files that are issued to your device when you visit our Website, which stores information about your use of it and sometimes track information about you. Cookie files allow us to recognize your device and collect data such as your internet service provider’s domain name, type of browser, type of operating system, IP address, websites visited by you, as well as operational data, or device location information. Information collected by cookie files is not always Personal Data in the meaning of the GDPR. However, if you have previously provided your Personal Data, cookie files can be directly linked to you, for example by associating the identification numbers in the cookies with other information.
In principle, the legal basis for processing your Personal Data collected through cookie files and similar technologies, is your consent (Article 6(1) letter a of the GDPR), except when their use is necessary for the proper functioning of the Website (provision of the services by electronic means), when we rely on Article 173 par. 3 point 2 of Telecommunication Law of 16 July 2004 and accordingly our legitimate interest (Article 6(1) letter f of the GDPR).
We process the abovementioned Personal Data to improve the quality of our Services, APMAR Trade’s operation and products, and also to adjust the content available via Website to your interests (including as part of the automated processing of Personal Data, to present general advertisements, offers, or promotions, regarding the Services in a manner adapted to the User’s interests without, however, significantly affecting their decisions – profiling). We may read your preferences, for example by analysing how often you visit our Website, what Services you use etc. This allows a better understanding of your expectations and adaptation to your needs. Thanks to the use of advanced technologies, the above activities will often be performed by the system in an automated manner, thanks to which the content showed to you will be the most up–to–date (we process your Personal Data based on our legitimate interest – promotional/analytical/performance purposes – art 6(1) letter f of the GDPR).
Usually, web browsers or other software installed on your device, allow, by default, the use of cookie files on such a device, and thus to collect the abovementioned information. You can change the way of using cookies files, including completely blocking or deleting them, via your web browser – please refer to the user manual for more information on how to do it. Remember that disabling or blocking some of the cookies may prevent or significantly impede the proper functioning of our Website, for example by slowing it down. More information about the settings for cookies can be found in the browser information and/or on our Website. You can also visit https://www.allaboutcookies.org for some practical advice.
With regard to the domain they come from, we divide cookies into:
- first–party cookies – set by the web servers of our Website;
- third–party cookies – set by web servers of pages other than our Website.
With regard to the life cycle, we divide cookies into:
- session – a session cookie contains information that is stored in a temporary memory location and then subsequently deleted after the session is completed or the web browser is closed;
- persistent – also called a permanent cookie, or a stored cookie; a cookie that is stored on a User’s hard drive until it expires (persistent cookies are set with expiration dates) or until the User deletes the cookie; persistent cookies are used to collect identifying information about the User, such as Website surfing behaviour or User preferences for the Website.
We may use the following types of cookie files:
- necessary – necessary for the proper functioning of the Website and needed to enable functionalities available there like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website; these cookie files are not used for tracking the visitors of the Website;
- preference – these cookies are used to recognise you when you return to our Website, what enables us, subject to your choices and preferences, to personalise our content for you, greet you by name, and remember your preferences (e.g. your choice of language or region);
- statistic – used to analyse your behaviour within the Website, for statistical and analytical purposes, however, they do not include information allowing for your identification; analytical/performance cookies help us in our legitimate purposes to improve the way our Website work, for example, by ensuring that Users are finding what they are looking for easily; we use third–party cookies (i.a. Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager) for example for the purpose of counting the visits to the Website, recording their length, finding out which functionalities of the Website or which parts thereof were used or visited most often;
- marketing - these cookies are used to track and analyse your behaviour and provide information allowing your identification, including for marketing purposes within third party websites; we will use this information subject to your choices and preferences to make our Website and the advertising displayed on them more relevant to your interests, we may also share this information with third parties for this purpose; our cookies and third-party providers’ cookies (i.a. Google Adwords, Facebook Pixel) are used for the purpose of conducting marketing and remarketing campaigns to reach you with our marketing communication, if you visited our Website earlier – these cookies remember that you visited our Website, and record your activity there. Information gathered in this manner is transmitted to third–party providers; the intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the User and thereby more valuable for publishers and third party advertisers;
- unclassified – unclassified cookies are cookies that we are in the process of classifying, together with the providers of individual cookies.
As required under GDPR, you can manage your consents to different types of cookies files. We provide you with a Cookiebot tool, which interface allow you to decide which types of cookies files you accept, and you can change these settings whenever you wish depending on your preference.
Click here to see and manage your cookie preferences under GDPR.
The last update of the Cookies Policy: 20.12.2021