Cookies are small data files that are issued to your device when you visit our Website, which stores information about your use of it and sometimes track information about you. Cookie files allow us to recognize your device and collect data such as your internet service provider’s domain name, type of browser, type of operating system, IP address, websites visited by you, as well as operational data, or device location information. Information collected by cookie files is not always Personal Data in the meaning of the GDPR. However, if you have previously provided your Personal Data, cookie files can be directly linked to you, for example by associating the identification numbers in the cookies with other information.
In principle, the legal basis for processing your Personal Data collected through cookie files and similar technologies, is your consent (Article 6(1) letter a of the GDPR), except when their use is necessary for the proper functioning of the Website (provision of the services by electronic means), when we rely on Article 173 par. 3 point 2 of Telecommunication Law of 16 July 2004 and accordingly our legitimate interest (Article 6(1) letter f of the GDPR).
We process the abovementioned Personal Data to improve the quality of our Services, APMAR Trade’s operation and products, and also to adjust the content available via Website to your interests (including as part of the automated processing of Personal Data, to present general advertisements, offers, or promotions, regarding the Services in a manner adapted to the User’s interests without, however, significantly affecting their decisions – profiling). We may read your preferences, for example by analysing how often you visit our Website, what Services you use etc. This allows a better understanding of your expectations and adaptation to your needs. Thanks to the use of advanced technologies, the above activities will often be performed by the system in an automated manner, thanks to which the content showed to you will be the most up–to–date (for that purpose we process your Personal Data also based on our legitimate interest – promotional/analytical/performance purposes – art 6(1) letter f of the GDPR).
Usually, web browsers or other software installed on your device, allow, by default, the use of cookie files on such a device, and thus to collect the abovementioned information. You can change the way of using cookies files, including completely blocking or deleting them, via your web browser – please refer to the user manual for more information on how to do it. Remember that disabling or blocking some of the cookies may prevent or significantly impede the proper functioning of our Website, for example by slowing it down. More information about the settings for cookies can be found in the browser information and/or on our Website. You can also visit https://www.allaboutcookies.org for some practical advice.
With regard to the domain they come from, we divide cookies into:
- first–party cookies – set by the web servers of our Website;
- third–party cookies – set by web servers of pages other than our Website.
With regard to the life cycle, we divide cookies into:
- session – a session cookie contains information that is stored in a temporary memory location and then subsequently deleted after the session is completed or the web browser is closed;
- persistent – also called a permanent cookie, or a stored cookie; a cookie that is stored on a User’s hard drive until it expires (persistent cookies are set with expiration dates) or until the User deletes the cookie; persistent cookies are used to collect identifying information about the User, such as Website surfing behaviour or User preferences for the Website.
We may use the following types of cookie files:
- necessary cookies help make the Website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the Website. The Website cannot function properly without these cookies;
- preference cookies enable the Website to remember information that changes the way the Website behaves or looks, like your preferred language or the region that you are in;
- statistic cookies help Website owners to understand how visitors interact with the Website by collecting and reporting information anonymously;
- marketing cookies are used to track visitors across the Website and other websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the User and thereby more valuable for publishers and third party advertisers;
- unclassified cookies are cookies that we are in the process of classifying, together with the providers of individual cookies.
As required under GDPR, you can manage your consents to different types of cookies files. We provide you with a Cookiebot tool, which interface allow you to decide which types of cookies files you accept, and you can change these settings whenever you wish depending on your preference.
Click here to see and manage your cookie preferences under GDPR.
The last update of the Cookies Policy: 09.08.2022